Know someone who loves great yarn or fiber? Does someone you care about knit, crochet, weave, felt, or spin? A gift certificate good for anything and everything at Purple Lamb Fiber Arts makes a fantastic gift!
The gift certificate never expires or loses value.
Here's how it works:
- You choose the amount and give me the name of the person you plan to give it to when you check out.
- Let me know what the occasion is so I can personalize the gift certificate (i.e. Christmas, Hannukah, graduation, birthday, anniversary, etc.)
- I'll create a gift certificate with a code good for the amount you chose and email it to you. Please allow 1 business day for me to make and send the gift certificate.
- You can either print it out or forward the email to the person you are giving it to.
- When the person wants to use it, he or she can just come to my website here and choose all the fibery goodness and then use the the code just like a discount code to take off the amount of the gift certificate. The gift certificate can be used on any item in my shop. It doesn't cover the cost of shipping unfortunately, but it covers everything else.
- Hand-Dyed Mini Skeins are $6 each. These are usually used in groups to make multi-colored knit or crochet projects. Five mini skeins are equal to one full-sized skein.
- Handspun Mini Skeins are $9 each. These are used as a decorative element on a larger project, like the cuffs of a sweater or the rim of a hat.
- Art Batts range from $12 to $15 each. These are used by spinners or felters. I usually use 2 together to make a full-sized skein of yarn when I spin.
- Full-sized skeins of hand-dyed yarn ranges from $25 to $30 per skein.
- Full-sized handspun yarn ranges between $30 and $40 per skein most of the time.
How many skeins does it take to make different projects? How much yarn is needed for a project varies by pattern and yarn weight, but this should give you some idea for the yarn lover in your life:
- One skein is enough for a small project like a cowl, a hat, a pair of socks, fingerless mitts, or a small scarf.
- Two skeins is enough for a bigger scarf or a small shawl.
- Three skeins is enough for a larger shawl.
- Four or more skeins can be used for a sweater, poncho, big shawl, etc.
Unlike most things in my shop, these gift certificates are not refundable. However, if the person you give the certificate to doesn't use the full amount on the first visit, I will give him or her a new code to use for the amount remaining for a future purchase.
If you would like to give Purple Lamb gift certificates to more than one person, please just be sure to give clear instructions for each one when you check out so I will be able to make the right gift certificate for the right person.